ProQuest Deep Indexing: Atmospheric Sciences supplements the Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (MGA)
database with access to deep indexing for tables, figures, graphs, charts and other illustrations from the scholarly research and technical literature for selected records.
About Deep Indexing
“Deep indexing” categorizes data, variables and other content represented in tables, maps, photographs and other figures. It allows users to search and retrieve information from these resources typically embedded in scholarly publications. Applicable journal article records are enhanced with thumbnails showing the tables and figures contained with that article.
For additional information, please access the
Illustrata: Natural Sciences factsheet
AtmosPeer: New Research Tool for Atmsopheric Science Community
AtmosPeer is a research tool designed specifically for researchers, faculty, librarians & students in the atmospheric science community. AtmosPeer provides:
- A central source of news in the atmospheric sciences
- Current lists of conferences, scholars, and funding
- Capability to search recent research in the MGA collection - a product developed in partnership between AMS and ProQuest
- Social Networking - find, evaluate and initiate contact with new people. Share documents and receive feedback and collaborate on research
More about AtmosPeer.
Major areas of coverage include:
- Air pollution
- Atmospheric disturbances
- Atmospheric structure
- Groundwater/surface water hydrology
- Hydrologic cycle
- Meteorological observations
- Physical Oceanography
- Radiation and temperature
- Weather forecasting
2003 - Current.
1,138,395 tables & figures from 110,558 published works drawn from 124 journals are monitored for this database (May 2013)